activemq-users mailing list archives

From James Black <be_st...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject KahaDB indexCacheSize question
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2012 14:36:55 GMT
Hi

basically for KahaDB what is the exact meaning and implication of changing
indexCacheSize?

This defaults to 10,000 and I see our performance issues go away when it is
increased to 50,000.  Is this because there are active consumers and our
messages can be acknowledged without having to write them out to the disc?
The larger cache allows the messages to better fit in memory.

How does this affect reliability if the system lost power, does the redo log
still contain the information on these messages, even though they are not on
disc?

We have 10 queues with 5-40 consumers on each and one virtual topic.  We had
an issue where the virtual topic would eventually grow over a certain amount
and for whatever reason cause the rest of the queues to start grinding to a
crawl.

Thanks in advance,

James