activemq-users mailing list archives

From kureckam <mkure...@fractech.net>
Subject Memory question
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 20:42:52 GMT
I'm using 5.5.1 and have several non-durable topics. A snippet of my config
file is below. I have a few questions:

1) Is the limit for each topic is 100kb?
2) If I don't set a memory limit in the policy entry, does it use the
systemUsage, memoryUsage value of 1mb?
3) If the memory limit is reached does it just block the producer or does it
save it to disk until the disk is full as defined by storeUsage or is that
just for durable topics/Queues?

      <destinationPolicy>
         <policyMap>
            <policyEntries>
               <policyEntry topic=">" producerFlowControl="true"
memoryLimit="100 kb" />
            </policyEntries>
         </policyMap>
      </destinationPolicy>

      <persistenceAdapter>
         <kahaDB directory="${activemq.base}/data/mqData"
                 journalMaxFileLength="3 mb" />
      </persistenceAdapter>

      <systemUsage>
         <systemUsage sendFailIfNoSpace="true">