activemq-users mailing list archives

From kureckam <mkure...@fractech.net>
Subject Finding a slow consumer
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2012 20:47:10 GMT
I've been dealing with Out Of Memory issues and I believe it may be due to a
slow or hung consumer. The software has about five different Topics with
multiple producers/consumers for each topic. I've been playing around with
it and simulated a slow consumer which caused the problem to occur. I
noticed via JConsole that a subscriber is created for each consumer and the
slow consumer showed a dispatchedQueueSize greater than zero where the
others remained at zero. Given this I believe I may be able to use this to
determine if a consumer is slow or hung but I can't find a way to correspond
the consumer to the subscriber. I would appreciate how I can correlate the
two or another way of programmically determining if a consumer is going slow
and which one it is.