activemq-users mailing list archives

From bnorton <bnor...@studentloan.org>
Subject ActiveMQ causing huge transaction logs on mssql 2008.
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 19:58:27 GMT
We have HA ActiveMQ 5.5 brokers running against SQL Server 2008.  My issue is
that the transaction logs never get cleared out due to an open transaction.
Our logs are growing at a rate of 1 GB per hour since the transaction never
commits.  I have to manually fail-over the activeMQ servers so our tranlog
backup process can remove the logs.

Is there any way to force AMQ to commit the transaction on a schedule?

Is the database locker keeping the transaction from committing and will
configuring it to use a different database fix the issue?
If that is the case how do I go about configuring activemq to use a separate
datasource specifically a different database for locking?  I've been trying
to find an example and can not come up with anything.  The only idea I have
is to set my own lockCreateStatement.

This has been driving me nuts for the last 2 days and I can't come up with
anything concrete.

Thanks