activemq-users mailing list archives

From ddawg <dieter.mayrho...@gmail.com>
Subject Move message and change headers at the same time
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 15:05:51 GMT
Hi, I'm using activeMQ 5.5.1 and I would like to move a specific message from
one queue to another and at the same time I want to change some headers
(i.e. removing exception headers);

Since with JMX I can only move the message and cannot change the headers,
this is not an option for me.

Thus, my approach is to consume the specific message by setting the
JMSMessageID in the messageSelector and consuming it. Then I change the
headerproperties to my needs. Afterwards, I create a producer and send the
message to the new queue.

I do all of this in a transacted session where I create the consumer and the
producer and commit the session at the end.

Is this approach save or are there any concerns, like that I could lose the
message?

Is the JMSMessageID unique?

Is this the proper way to do this?

Please see my code below.

Thanks Dieter

				String newQueueName = selectedQueueNameForMoving;

				try {
					String oldQueueName =
((ActiveMQQueue)message.getJMSDestination()).getQueueName();
					String oldMessageId = message.getJMSMessageID();

	                // Create a Connection
					Connection connection = connectionFactory.createConnection();
	                connection.start();

	                // Create a Session
	                Session session = connection.createSession(true,
Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);

	                //Retrieve (and at the same time remove) message from
source queue
	                Destination oldDestination =
session.createQueue(oldQueueName);
	                MessageConsumer consumer =
session.createConsumer(oldDestination, "JMSMessageID = '" + oldMessageId +
"'");
	                Message oldMessage = consumer.receive();

	                if(oldMessage == null)
	                	throw new Exception("Retrieving message failed");

	                //Modify Headers
	                //We have to extract the header properties first, because
in message they are just readable and cannot be modified.
	                ActiveMQMessage m = (ActiveMQMessage)oldMessage;

	                Map<String, Object> props =  new HashMap<String,
Object>(m.getProperties());

	                props.remove(ErpelJMSConstants.EXCEPTION_STACKTRACE);
	                props.remove(ErpelJMSConstants.EXCEPTION_MESSAGE);

	                m.clearProperties();
	                m.setProperties(props);

	                //Add modified message to new queue
	                Destination destination =
session.createQueue(newQueueName);
	                MessageProducer producer =
session.createProducer(destination);
	                producer.setDeliveryMode(DeliveryMode.PERSISTENT);
	                producer.send(m);

	                session.commit();

	                // Clean up
	                producer.close();
	                consumer.close();
	                session.close();
	                connection.close();

					setResponsePage(QueuesPage.class);
				} catch (Exception e) {
					try {
						LOG.error("Could not move message " + message.getJMSMessageID() + " to
Queue "
								+ newQueueName, e);
						feedbackPanel.error("Could not move message " +
message.getJMSMessageID() + " to Queue "
								+ newQueueName + ". Error: " + e);

						feedbackPanel.add(new AttributeModifier("class",
								"alert alert-error"));
					} catch (JMSException e1) {
						e1.printStackTrace();
					}