activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ-5.6.0 and temp-queue performance
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 14:42:42 GMT
Would it be possible to create a little junit test case that
reproduces this, if you use the jms api on the client it will be easy
to compare both stomp and openwire in this scenario.
When u have the test case, please open a jira so this issue is tracked
and visible and we will have a peek.

The test case will ensure we are investigating exactly what you are seeing.

On 28 June 2012 03:01, Steffen Plotner <swplotner@amherst.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been testing and debugging using ActiveMQ-5.6.0 and tcp+stomp the performance
of the following application (written in perl using Net::STOMP::Client):

> Message headers include persistence=true.
>
> client sends message to a queue with a reply-to header of /temp-queue/return_queue
> server consumes from queue and responds via reply-to
> this takes about 0.08 seconds and works perfectly.
>
> client sends message to a queue with a reply-to header of /queue/return_queue
> server consumes from queue and responds via reply-to
> this takes about 0.003 seconds and works perfectly also - why is the /temp-queue so slow?
>
> I found a post from 2007 and I think the problem exists in the current version.  I would
like this to be addressed, as I would believe there are many applications using the temp-queue
feature:

> http://grokbase.com/t/activemq/users/072hszfp50/sending-async-messages-to-temp-queue-really-slow
>
> Steffen

> Steffen Plotner                            Amherst College
   Tel (413) 542-2348
> Systems/Network Administrator/Programmer   PO BOX 5000                Fax (413)
542-2626
swplotner@amherst.edu

--
http://fusesource.com