activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: javax.jms.JMSException: Could not correlate acknowledgment with dispatched message: MessageAck
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 10:39:22 GMT
that is usually the result of failover reconnect. An ack is
outstanding on the client and it gets sent after a reconnect. However
the broker has not had a chance to redelivery/dispatch any messages,
so the ack does not correspond to anything that has been dispatched.

The messages either have not yet been dispatched or have been
dispatched to another consumer.

In the event that the messages are eventually dispatched to a new
consumer on a different connection, they may be considered duplicates.
If they are dispatched to the same consumer, the client side duplicate
detection will trap them.

If you want to guard against duplicate delivery in this case, you need
to use a transacted session for your consumer. A transaction with an
outstanding ack will fail if the messages are not redelivered to the
same consumer.