activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Negative Queue Size in 5.3.2
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 10:19:43 GMT
that looks like a sync issue between the jmx op and the destination
w.r.t counters.
Possibly messages that are dispatched and inflight to the consumer are
getting removed so they are acked twice.
inflight messages should really be invisible to a remove message call
via jmx but I guess that is debatable.

Could you try your scenario with the current 5.6 release to see if it
is still reproducible.
What is the intent here?
Unlike competing consumers, the jmx op bypasses dispatch, so if you do
the jmx op when there are no consumers I would expect
different behavior.

If you want to limit the queue size, message expiry is the preferred way to go.