activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PFC + temp-queue
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 15:07:12 GMT
answers inline:

On 28 June 2012 06:40, Marcin Giedz <marcin.giedz@arise.pl> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I was wondering why with temp-queue and producer flow control set to ON + temp storage
we still experience producers stop preventing flooding. Is this a bug or a feature?

That is a feature. the cursor gets to consume all of the destination
limit and then the destination is considered full.
The filepending message cursor will only spool to disk with the
systemUsage limit is reached, up until that point it will keep
messages in memory like the vmpendingMessage cursor.

> <broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core" brokerName="waw1-amq1" dataDirectory="${activemq.base}/waw-data"
useJmx="true" advisorySupport="true" persistent="true" schedulePeriodForDestinationPurge="10000"
networkConnectorStartAsync="true" allowTempAutoCreationOnSend="true">

> <policyEntry tempQueue="true" producerFlowControl="true" memoryLimit="100mb" gcInactiveDestinations="true"
inactiveTimoutBeforeGC="60000">
> <pendingQueuePolicy>
> <fileQueueCursor/>
> </pendingQueuePolicy>
> </policyEntry>

> <systemUsage>
> <systemUsage>
> <memoryUsage>
> <memoryUsage limit="24 gb"/>
> </memoryUsage>
> <storeUsage>
> <storeUsage limit="10 gb" name="store"/>
> </storeUsage>
> <tempUsage>
> <tempUsage limit="10 gb"/>
> </tempUsage>
> </systemUsage>
> </systemUsage>
>

> If I disable PFC on temp-queue I can see storage utilization once memory is exhousted
but there is no any control over temp-queue. This behavour is common for 5.5.1 and 5.6.0.
Should I file a bug or change my configuration?

With the destination limit removed, the system limit gets a chance to
be reached and the file cursor purges to temp storage. It is possible
to limit the temp store, and then the destination will block on a
send.

If key here is to understand that the spooling to disk with the file
pending message cursor is controlled by the shared systemUsage and not
the destination usage.

What behavior would you like to have?

--
http://fusesource.com