activemq-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Raul Kripalani <r...@fusesource.com>
Subject Re: MessageListener not delivering any more messages at some point
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2012 13:48:28 GMT
Definitely upgrade to 5.5.1 or later.

What does your JMX instrumentation tell you when the problem occurs?

   - Is the connection active?
   - Does the # of consumers in the destination match what you expect?
   - Does a subscription for that client exist?

My questions boil down to: at that point, does the broker know about the
(allegedly) active consumer?

Regards,

 *Raúl Kripalani*
Principal Consultant | FuseSource Corp.
raul@fusesource.com | fusesource.com <http://www.fusesource.com/>
skype: raul.fuse | twitter: @raulvk <http://twitter.com/raulvk>,
@fusenews<http://twitter.com/fusenews>

<http://twitter.com/fusenews>

On 30 May 2012 10:49, Torsten Mielke <torsten@fusesource.com> wrote:

> Hhm, SMX 4.4.1 deploys ActiveMQ 5.5.1 just nicely into its OSGi container.
>
> On May 30, 2012, at 11:44 AM, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>
> > Hi Torsten,
> >
> > thanks. Yes, I've made experiments with 5.5.1 on the server side but had
> > trouble getting it up reliably in my OSGi environment so I'm hesitant to
> > upgrade on the server side. However, the problem resides mainly in the
> > client AFAICS, and that one uses 5.5.1 already. I guess I'll take a peek
> > at 5.6.0 to see if it looks better there.
> >
> >
> > Jeremias Maerki
> >
> >
> > On 30.05.2012 11:30:04 Torsten Mielke wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> ActiveMQ 5.3.0 is really old. Have you thought of upgrading to the
> latest broker release 5.5.1?
> >> Chances aren't too bad that your problem has been resolved.
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> Torsten Mielke
> >> torsten@fusesource.com
> >> tmielke@blogspot.com
> >>
> >>
> >> On May 30, 2012, at 11:25 AM, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> >>
> >>> No ideas? As a work-around I'm now thinking about running a scheduled
> >>> task that restarts the MessageListener every hour. That's a work-around
> >>> that shouldn't really be necessary, right? A colleague told me
> yesterday
> >>> that he did exactly that in a personal project of his. So, I'm probably
> >>> not the only one with this problem, although I couldn't find anything
> >>> related to that on the net.
> >>>
> >>> Thanks,
> >>> Jeremias Maerki
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> On 25.05.2012 12:23:54 Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> >>>> Hi,
> >>>>
> >>>> I've got an ActiveMQ 5.3.0 broker running in one JVM.
> >>>>
> >>>>       <transportConnectors>
> >>>>           <transportConnector name="openwire"
> uri="tcp://localhost:19616"/>
> >>>>       </transportConnectors>
> >>>>
> >>>> Another application (different JVM but currently on the same machine)
> >>>> connects to that broker to receive messages from a single queue
> through
> >>>> a MessageListener:
> >>>>
> >>>>
> failover://(tcp://localhost:19616?keepAlive=true)?startupMaxReconnectAttempts=5
> >>>>
> >>>> The message frequency is rather low (5-500 per hour) and can drop to
> >>>> zero over multiple hours (during the night). Every now and then, the
> >>>> MessageListener simply doesn't get any more messages and we have to
> >>>> restart the application for a reconnect despite the failover protocol
> >>>> (as seen above). We've tried various connection URI parameters but so
> >>>> far, the issue keeps popping up every few weeks. I somehow doubt it
> has
> >>>> to do with some timeout because, yesterday, it happened during the day
> >>>> during normal business, not in the night after hours of inactivity.
> When
> >>>> the problem happens, the message producer can still happily add new
> >>>> messages which are then simply piled up.
> >>>>
> >>>> We first thought that the broker would stop accepting connections at
> >>>> some point but we now have a monitoring agent for Nagios that
> regularly
> >>>> tries to connect to ActiveMQ to check if anything is wrong on that
> side,
> >>>> but that proved to be in vain. So, everything is solid on the broker
> >>>> side.
> >>>>
> >>>> The client used to run ActiveMQ 5.3.0, too (just the
> >>>> ActiveMQConnectionFactory, no broker). We also tried 5.5.1 on the
> client
> >>>> side but nothing has changed.
> >>>>
> >>>> I was wondering if anyone has a good idea on this problem.
> >>>>
> >>>> Thanks a lot,
> >>>> Jeremias Maerki
> >>>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >
>
> Torsten Mielke
> torsten@fusesource.com
> tmielke@blogspot.com
>
>
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message