activemq-users mailing list archives

From Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ as a job/work broadcaster - Question regarding 'aborting' jobs
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 08:18:40 GMT
If I understood it correctly you want to be able to notify the worker
(consumer) to stop executing the jobs (stop consuming). If that's the
case, you can use an additional topic for events like this and your
worker should subscribe to it as well. So when master sends a message
to the topic, workers can disconnect (thus effectively nacking all
prefetched messages).

Regards
--
Dejan Bosanac
Senior Software Engineer | FuseSource Corp.