activemq-users mailing list archives

From Steffen Plotner <swplot...@amherst.edu>
Subject ActiveMQ-5.6.0 and temp-queue performance
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 02:01:12 GMT
Hi,

I have been testing and debugging using ActiveMQ-5.6.0 and tcp+stomp the performance of the
following application (written in perl using Net::STOMP::Client):

Message headers include persistence=true.

client sends message to a queue with a reply-to header of /temp-queue/return_queue
server consumes from queue and responds via reply-to
this takes about 0.08 seconds and works perfectly.

client sends message to a queue with a reply-to header of /queue/return_queue
server consumes from queue and responds via reply-to
this takes about 0.003 seconds and works perfectly also - why is the /temp-queue so slow?

I found a post from 2007 and I think the problem exists in the current version.  I would like
this to be addressed, as I would believe there are many applications using the temp-queue
feature:

http://grokbase.com/t/activemq/users/072hszfp50/sending-async-messages-to-temp-queue-really-slow

Steffen

Steffen Plotner                            Amherst College            Tel (413) 542-2348
Systems/Network Administrator/Programmer   PO BOX 5000                Fax (413) 542-2626
Systems & Networking                       Amherst, MA 01002-5000     swplotner@amherst.edu