activemq-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: MessageListener not delivering any more messages at some point
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 07:07:17 GMT
Thanks Raul, I'll check that next time it happens. Trying 5.6.0 is in
the pipeline. Will report back as soons as I know more. Could easily be
a couple of weeks until it happens again.


Jeremias Maerki


On 04.06.2012 15:48:28 Raul Kripalani wrote:
> Definitely upgrade to 5.5.1 or later.
> 
> What does your JMX instrumentation tell you when the problem occurs?
> 
>    - Is the connection active?
>    - Does the # of consumers in the destination match what you expect?
>    - Does a subscription for that client exist?
> 
> My questions boil down to: at that point, does the broker know about the
> (allegedly) active consumer?
> 
> Regards,
> 
>  *Raúl Kripalani*
> Principal Consultant | FuseSource Corp.
> raul@fusesource.com | fusesource.com <http://www.fusesource.com/>
> skype: raul.fuse | twitter: @raulvk <http://twitter.com/raulvk>,
> @fusenews<http://twitter.com/fusenews>
> 
> <http://twitter.com/fusenews>
> 
> On 30 May 2012 10:49, Torsten Mielke <torsten@fusesource.com> wrote:
> 
> > Hhm, SMX 4.4.1 deploys ActiveMQ 5.5.1 just nicely into its OSGi container.
> >
> > On May 30, 2012, at 11:44 AM, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Torsten,
> > >
> > > thanks. Yes, I've made experiments with 5.5.1 on the server side but had
> > > trouble getting it up reliably in my OSGi environment so I'm hesitant to
> > > upgrade on the server side. However, the problem resides mainly in the
> > > client AFAICS, and that one uses 5.5.1 already. I guess I'll take a peek
> > > at 5.6.0 to see if it looks better there.
> > >
> > >
> > > Jeremias Maerki
> > >
> > >
> > > On 30.05.2012 11:30:04 Torsten Mielke wrote:
> > >> Hello,
> > >>
> > >> ActiveMQ 5.3.0 is really old. Have you thought of upgrading to the
> > latest broker release 5.5.1?
> > >> Chances aren't too bad that your problem has been resolved.
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>
> > >> Torsten Mielke
> > >> torsten@fusesource.com
> > >> tmielke@blogspot.com
> > >>
> > >>
> > >> On May 30, 2012, at 11:25 AM, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > >>
> > >>> No ideas? As a work-around I'm now thinking about running a scheduled
> > >>> task that restarts the MessageListener every hour. That's a work-around
> > >>> that shouldn't really be necessary, right? A colleague told me
> > yesterday
> > >>> that he did exactly that in a personal project of his. So, I'm probably
> > >>> not the only one with this problem, although I couldn't find anything
> > >>> related to that on the net.
> > >>>
> > >>> Thanks,
> > >>> Jeremias Maerki
> > >>>
> > >>>
> > >>> On 25.05.2012 12:23:54 Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > >>>> Hi,
> > >>>>
> > >>>> I've got an ActiveMQ 5.3.0 broker running in one JVM.
> > >>>>
> > >>>>       <transportConnectors>
> > >>>>           <transportConnector name="openwire"
> > uri="tcp://localhost:19616"/>
> > >>>>       </transportConnectors>
> > >>>>
> > >>>> Another application (different JVM but currently on the same machine)
> > >>>> connects to that broker to receive messages from a single queue
> > through
> > >>>> a MessageListener:
> > >>>>
> > >>>>
> > failover://(tcp://localhost:19616?keepAlive=true)?startupMaxReconnectAttempts=5
> > >>>>
> > >>>> The message frequency is rather low (5-500 per hour) and can drop
to
> > >>>> zero over multiple hours (during the night). Every now and then,
the
> > >>>> MessageListener simply doesn't get any more messages and we have
to
> > >>>> restart the application for a reconnect despite the failover protocol
> > >>>> (as seen above). We've tried various connection URI parameters
but so
> > >>>> far, the issue keeps popping up every few weeks. I somehow doubt
it
> > has
> > >>>> to do with some timeout because, yesterday, it happened during
the day
> > >>>> during normal business, not in the night after hours of inactivity.
> > When
> > >>>> the problem happens, the message producer can still happily add
new
> > >>>> messages which are then simply piled up.
> > >>>>
> > >>>> We first thought that the broker would stop accepting connections
at
> > >>>> some point but we now have a monitoring agent for Nagios that
> > regularly
> > >>>> tries to connect to ActiveMQ to check if anything is wrong on that
> > side,
> > >>>> but that proved to be in vain. So, everything is solid on the broker
> > >>>> side.
> > >>>>
> > >>>> The client used to run ActiveMQ 5.3.0, too (just the
> > >>>> ActiveMQConnectionFactory, no broker). We also tried 5.5.1 on the
> > client
> > >>>> side but nothing has changed.
> > >>>>
> > >>>> I was wondering if anyone has a good idea on this problem.
> > >>>>
> > >>>> Thanks a lot,
> > >>>> Jeremias Maerki
> > >>>
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>
> > >
> >
> > Torsten Mielke
> > torsten@fusesource.com
> > tmielke@blogspot.com
> >
> >
> >
> >


Mime
View raw message