activemq-users mailing list archives

From JacobS <jacobhame...@gmail.com>
Subject http transport as a servlet on tomcat
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 07:16:19 GMT
We are using amq 5.6 in our Server alongside with tomcat and we want to use
the http transport (because some clients are behind firewalls and proxy
servers ).
the problem is that tomcat already runs on port 80 and we want the clients
to connect also on port 80.

I have 2 questions.

1. I want to make changes to the http transport code to enable it to work as
a servlet in tomcat, any advise were to start and what steps should be done.

2. We are thinking of adding a reverse proxy ( as a quick workaround ) to
forward different http requests to our tomcat and to amq http transport
jetty ( by url mapping) . the problem is that the servlet running the http
transport uses the root address and the reverse proxy works with url mapping
( and we dont want to redirect all root path requests to jetty) .
 - can I change the url path for the http transport ?
 - can I add custom headers to the request ? ( maybe I can configure the
reverse proxy to map by headers)