activemq-users mailing list archives

From Mohan Nade <mohann...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: question about ActiveMQ, jdbcPersistenceAdapter and MasterSlave
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 11:22:29 GMT
Thanks Gary for the pointers. Just to share my experience on the
"lockKeepAlivePeriod" - i believe this is the time for which the lock will
be help, if we keep it low, then the slave gets chance to connect to DB and
then at that time messages reach there, and there is no guarantee of message
WRT who is going to process it.

regarding the "On 1) the broker schedular maintains its own file based
store, and
sends the messages when they are due."

So if I have a shared file system between the master and slave and the
master goes down the slave will be able to use the messages in the shared
file system?

----

So till this issue of master slave lock handover is not cleared properly we
cannot have a reliable Master-Slave config with a proper fail over.

The reason I am asking is because if we put exclusive lock from master and
there is a network glitch, even the slave will not be able to connect to DB
and die.
I have seen this happening, and was the main concern for me.

And in this case of failure, it actually gives System.exit so even the
wrapper cannot push it back into action again.

regards,
Mohan