activemq-users mailing list archives

From Pippo <shy.if...@optier.com>
Subject Adding nodes to Cluster without restarting
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 11:18:12 GMT
List,

I have a network of brokers, consisting of two nodes.
The Connectors elements were defined like this (on both nodes):

/<networkConnectors>
  <networkConnector name="nc-failover"
      uri="static:(tcp://amq1:61616,tcp://amq2:61616)"
      decreaseNetworkConsumerPriority="true"
      networkTTL="1" />
</networkConnectors>
:
<transportConnectors>
  <transportConnector name="openwire"
      uri="tcp://0.0.0.0:61616"
      updateClusterClients="true"
      rebalanceClusterClients="true"
      updateClusterClientsOnRemove=”true”/>
</transportConnectors>/

This configuration allows me to stop/start one of the brokers in the
cluster, and all clients are aware of the change.
But now I want to add a third broker to the cluster WITHOUT having to
restart the other nodes.
Is it possible?
How should I configure the networkConnectors on the third broker to allow
this?
Remember – NO RESTARTS of other brokers are allowed.

Thanks in advance!