activemq-users mailing list archives

From mickhayes <>
Subject Re: FIPS 140-2
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 07:16:02 GMT
I'm not aware of any such thing.
As it would be useful for some customers, I would imagine it would be
well-advertised (and it is not.)

You would /ideally /have a FIPS mode in ActiveMQ, which when switched on,
would call
FIPS_mode_set() so ALL encryption would be done by the FIPS Object Module.

However, I note there is another way to do this in *5.2 "FIPS Mode
Initialization" of the User Guide* with “fips_mode = yes” hardcoded in the
openssl config file.

Is that good enough?

Sorry I'm not in a position to try it out...

Michael Hayes B.Sc. (NUI), M.Sc. (DCU), SCSA SCNA