activemq-users mailing list archives

From patsfan <>
Subject Negative Queue Size in 5.3.2
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2012 19:00:51 GMT
Hi All,

We are running into a case where our queue size is < 0 via both the
webconsole and via jmx in 5.3.2.  Here is our scenario:

VM1: looping 5000 times, each time pushing a message into a queue
VM2: listening on the queue (1 listener) and processing the messages
VM2: responds to a REST call by purging messages from the queue by a
particular property (QueueViewMBean.removeMatchingMessages(...)).

After calling QueueViewMBean.removeMatchingMessages(...) (deletes > 1K
messages from the queue) the queue size goes negative.  Saw a few posts that
are related, but they go back a few years with no clear resolution.

Has anyone seen this?  Please let me know if you need additional
information, would gladly supply.

Thanks in advance,