activemq-users mailing list archives

From Laures <>
Subject Re: Sugestions how to listen on several thousand topics with spring?
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 12:19:30 GMT
I finally moved away from the idea to use the session threads. Now my
listener schedules the handling of each message into a thread pool (see

In addition i use a different connection uri with new parameters:

alwaysSessionAsync=false makes sure that my vm connection to the embedded
broker does NOT create one thread per session (as i have one session per
listener and thousands of listeners).

like this my config starts the simplemessagelistenercontainer in the
internal activemq task thread and the container schedules it into a thread

unfortunately the activemq task threads are very slow.

So i would like to use the async=false (NOT jms.sendAsync) to use the
message sending thread to handle the message and push it into the listener
where its scheduled into the handler thread pool. see:

Unfortunately this causes a deadlock (according to yourkit) between my
sending thread and the ActiveMQ Broker[name] thread.

How can i make these two properties work? or alternatively: how can i speed
up the embedded activemq for async sends?