activemq-users mailing list archives

From mickhayes <mickha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: JVM Heap full & ATMQ crashed
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 09:20:07 GMT
It's most likely that you need to have -d64 on the command line to get a
64-bit hotspot VM.

I still think you are using a 32-bit JVM. Maybe the version of the JRE is
1.6.0_27-b04?

About the options... from java -help:

     -d32          use a 32-bit data model if available

    -d64          use a 64-bit data model if available

3G Heapspace is more than you need for your messaging load.
I would change the -Xmx to 500M maximum.

Finally, I say, use the defaults unless you have reason to do otherwise.
For sure, you don't need to change from the default GC behaviour in 1.6.0
for this messaging case.

-----
Michael Hayes B.Sc. (NUI), M.Sc. (DCU), SCSA SCNA