activemq-users mailing list archives

From Laures <baetz.alexan...@googlemail.com>
Subject Sugestions how to listen on several thousand topics with spring?
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 12:58:56 GMT
Hi,

I'm building a clustered messaging system that will use an embedded activemq
server for clustering. The current scenario is that i need to handle several
thousand topic listeners per node. The load on most (99%) of the topics will
be very low. But i want to handle each message asap.

I don't like the Spring DefaultMessageListenerContainer because even with a
TaskExecutor configuration its still 1 task per destination permanently
sceduled in a limited thread pool. Meaning: the more destinations, the
slower is the message consumption.

Can somebody suggest a working configuration to listen to such a large
number of mostly inactive destinations?