activemq-users mailing list archives

From PJR69 <petri.riipi...@insta.fi>
Subject Re: Problem with networking between win7 and linux
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2012 04:36:40 GMT
They are connected via a switch, i.e. on the same ethernet broadcast domain
or IP-subnetwork.

First I was thinking that firewalls could be the issue, but they are turned
off both on the windows machine and on the Linux. Although in Linux it's
just turned off on YAST, I'm not 100% sure (not being a linux fw expert)
that it really is off.

I did manage to solve the issue by removing the NetworkConnector from the
client and setting the NetworkConnector on the server-side as duplex. Now
the client is advertising it's TransportConnector and the server is able to
find it and connect to it with duplex-connection and the messages flow
between them. I guess it is an acceptable solution even though I'd like to
have the simplex connections between them.