activemq-users mailing list archives

From techmaze <techm...@gmail.com>
Subject Messages not expiring on Topic
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2012 03:26:23 GMT
Hello,

I just started using ActiveMQ 5.6 (new user) and now struggling to find an
answer why the messages are not expiring after time-to-live miliseconds
specified on producer (tried even on message object).
- AMQ version 5.6
conf:
<policyEntry topic=">" expireMessagesPeriod="30000"
advisoryForDiscardingMessages="true">
                  <deadLetterStrategy>
		             <sharedDeadLetterStrategy processExpired="false" />
         	  </deadLetterStrategy>

                </policyEntry>
                 <policyEntry topic=">" advisoryForConsumed="true" />
This is not even showing any advisory messages when i browse admin
interface.
Apart from above changes to default conf i have not done anything special. I
have set producer.setTimeToLive(60000);

when i check the topic with jconsole, I am noticed that both timestamp and
expiry proprties are showing same value.

Please help, thanks for your time.