activemq-users mailing list archives

From Marcin Giedz <marcin.gi...@arise.pl>
Subject PFC + temp-queue
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 05:40:32 GMT

Hi,

I was wondering why with temp-queue and producer flow control set to ON + temp storage we
still experience producers stop preventing flooding. Is this a bug or a feature?

<broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core" brokerName="waw1-amq1" dataDirectory="${activemq.base}/waw-data"
useJmx="true" advisorySupport="true" persistent="true" schedulePeriodForDestinationPurge="10000"
networkConnectorStartAsync="true" allowTempAutoCreationOnSend="true">

<policyEntry tempQueue="true" producerFlowControl="true" memoryLimit="100mb" gcInactiveDestinations="true"
inactiveTimoutBeforeGC="60000">
<pendingQueuePolicy>
<fileQueueCursor/>
</pendingQueuePolicy>
</policyEntry>

<systemUsage>
<systemUsage>
<memoryUsage>
<memoryUsage limit="24 gb"/>
</memoryUsage>
<storeUsage>
<storeUsage limit="10 gb" name="store"/>
</storeUsage>
<tempUsage>
<tempUsage limit="10 gb"/>
</tempUsage>
</systemUsage>
</systemUsage>

If I disable PFC on temp-queue I can see storage utilization once memory is exhousted but
there is no any control over temp-queue. This behavour is common for 5.5.1 and 5.6.0. Should
I file a bug or change my configuration?

Thank you
Marcin