activemq-users mailing list archives

From Marcin Giedz <>
Subject PFC + temp-queue
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 05:40:32 GMT

I was wondering why with temp-queue and producer flow control set to ON + temp storage we
still experience producers stop preventing flooding. Is this a bug or a feature?

<broker xmlns="" brokerName="waw1-amq1" dataDirectory="${activemq.base}/waw-data"
useJmx="true" advisorySupport="true" persistent="true" schedulePeriodForDestinationPurge="10000"
networkConnectorStartAsync="true" allowTempAutoCreationOnSend="true">

<policyEntry tempQueue="true" producerFlowControl="true" memoryLimit="100mb" gcInactiveDestinations="true"

<memoryUsage limit="24 gb"/>
<storeUsage limit="10 gb" name="store"/>
<tempUsage limit="10 gb"/>

If I disable PFC on temp-queue I can see storage utilization once memory is exhousted but
there is no any control over temp-queue. This behavour is common for 5.5.1 and 5.6.0. Should
I file a bug or change my configuration?

Thank you