If it helps, I've attached the configuration files for both machines.

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 9:07 AM, Chris Robison <chrisdrobison@gmail.com> wrote:
One thing I have noticed though is that when I restart the broker on the other end, everything starts to work again until it floods again.


On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 9:05 AM, Chris Robison <chrisdrobison@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm on 5.6. And all brokers remain up and running.


On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 8:48 AM, Gary Tully <gary.tully@gmail.com> wrote:
what version are you on?
Is there any chance that the broker at the other end of the network
bridge is shutting down?

On 11 May 2012 14:34, Chris Robison <chrisdrobison@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a network of brokers and I am using a request-reply system across
> that network, but I've noticed that after a few request-replys, the broker
> network will get flooded with TempQueue advisory messages, then some of the
> of the brokers will be reported as slow consumers and the consumers won't
> receive messages after that. The advisory messages seem to be repeated
> (e.g. add temp destination, remove temp destination) for the same temp
> destinations. Not quite sure how to handle this. Any suggestions?
>
> Here are some of the errors are other things I'm seeing repeatedly in logs
> when I enable debug. In fact, when this flood occurs, tons of log gets
> generated all at once.
>
> 2012-05-11 05:24:37,248 | DEBUG | Error occured while processing async
> command: DestinationInfo {commandId = 40578, responseRequired = false,
> connectionId = ID:MSTMIP102-59588-1336713700699-3:2, destination =
> temp-queue://ID:POTMIP102-54337-634722930065323786-1:18:1, operationType =
> 0, timeout = 0, brokerPath = [ID:MSSD5D101-38580-1336708634042-0:1]},
> exception: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Timer already cancelled. |
> org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.Service | ActiveMQ
> Transport: ssl:///10.60.252.28:54493
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Timer already cancelled.
> at java.util.Timer.sched(Timer.java:397)
> at java.util.Timer.schedule(Timer.java:248)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.thread.Scheduler.schedualPeriodically(Scheduler.java:49)
> at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue.start(Queue.java:889)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.region.AbstractRegion.addDestination(AbstractRegion.java:143)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.region.RegionBroker.addDestination(RegionBroker.java:289)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.addDestination(BrokerFilter.java:145)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.advisory.AdvisoryBroker.addDestination(AdvisoryBroker.java:161)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.addDestination(BrokerFilter.java:145)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.addDestination(BrokerFilter.java:145)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.addDestination(BrokerFilter.java:145)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.addDestination(BrokerFilter.java:145)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.security.AuthorizationBroker.addDestination(AuthorizationBroker.java:81)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.security.AuthorizationBroker.addDestinationInfo(AuthorizationBroker.java:51)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.MutableBrokerFilter.addDestinationInfo(MutableBrokerFilter.java:223)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.processAddDestination(TransportConnection.java:477)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.command.DestinationInfo.visit(DestinationInfo.java:122)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.service(TransportConnection.java:292)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection$1.onCommand(TransportConnection.java:150)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.ResponseCorrelator.onCommand(ResponseCorrelator.java:116)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.MutexTransport.onCommand(MutexTransport.java:50)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.vm.VMTransport.doDispatch(VMTransport.java:135)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.vm.VMTransport.dispatch(VMTransport.java:124)
> at org.apache.activemq.transport.vm.VMTransport.oneway(VMTransport.java:103)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.MutexTransport.oneway(MutexTransport.java:68)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.ResponseCorrelator.oneway(ResponseCorrelator.java:60)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.network.DemandForwardingBridgeSupport.serviceRemoteConsumerAdvisory(DemandForwardingBridgeSupport.java:588)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.network.DemandForwardingBridgeSupport.serviceRemoteCommand(DemandForwardingBridgeSupport.java:420)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.network.DemandForwardingBridgeSupport$2.onCommand(DemandForwardingBridgeSupport.java:151)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.ResponseCorrelator.onCommand(ResponseCorrelator.java:116)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.MutexTransport.onCommand(MutexTransport.java:50)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.WireFormatNegotiator.onCommand(WireFormatNegotiator.java:113)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.AbstractInactivityMonitor.onCommand(AbstractInactivityMonitor.java:229)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportSupport.doConsume(TransportSupport.java:83)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.SslTransport.doConsume(SslTransport.java:91)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.doRun(TcpTransport.java:222)
> at org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java:204)
>
>
>
> 2012-05-11 05:24:37,248 | WARN  | Async error occurred:
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Timer already cancelled. |
> org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.Service | ActiveMQ
> Transport: ssl:///10.60.252.28:54493
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Timer already cancelled.
> at java.util.Timer.sched(Timer.java:397)
> at java.util.Timer.schedule(Timer.java:248)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.thread.Scheduler.schedualPeriodically(Scheduler.java:49)
> at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue.start(Queue.java:889)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.region.AbstractRegion.addDestination(AbstractRegion.java:143)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.region.RegionBroker.addDestination(RegionBroker.java:289)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.addDestination(BrokerFilter.java:145)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.advisory.AdvisoryBroker.addDestination(AdvisoryBroker.java:161)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.addDestination(BrokerFilter.java:145)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.addDestination(BrokerFilter.java:145)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.addDestination(BrokerFilter.java:145)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.addDestination(BrokerFilter.java:145)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.security.AuthorizationBroker.addDestination(AuthorizationBroker.java:81)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.security.AuthorizationBroker.addDestinationInfo(AuthorizationBroker.java:51)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.MutableBrokerFilter.addDestinationInfo(MutableBrokerFilter.java:223)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.processAddDestination(TransportConnection.java:477)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.command.DestinationInfo.visit(DestinationInfo.java:122)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.service(TransportConnection.java:292)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection$1.onCommand(TransportConnection.java:150)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.ResponseCorrelator.onCommand(ResponseCorrelator.java:116)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.MutexTransport.onCommand(MutexTransport.java:50)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.vm.VMTransport.doDispatch(VMTransport.java:135)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.vm.VMTransport.dispatch(VMTransport.java:124)
> at org.apache.activemq.transport.vm.VMTransport.oneway(VMTransport.java:103)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.MutexTransport.oneway(MutexTransport.java:68)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.ResponseCorrelator.oneway(ResponseCorrelator.java:60)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.network.DemandForwardingBridgeSupport.serviceRemoteConsumerAdvisory(DemandForwardingBridgeSupport.java:588)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.network.DemandForwardingBridgeSupport.serviceRemoteCommand(DemandForwardingBridgeSupport.java:420)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.network.DemandForwardingBridgeSupport$2.onCommand(DemandForwardingBridgeSupport.java:151)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.ResponseCorrelator.onCommand(ResponseCorrelator.java:116)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.MutexTransport.onCommand(MutexTransport.java:50)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.WireFormatNegotiator.onCommand(WireFormatNegotiator.java:113)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.AbstractInactivityMonitor.onCommand(AbstractInactivityMonitor.java:229)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportSupport.doConsume(TransportSupport.java:83)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.SslTransport.doConsume(SslTransport.java:91)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.doRun(TcpTransport.java:222)
> at org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java:204)
>
> 2012-05-11 05:24:37,249 | DEBUG | mstmip102.vosh.net adding destination:
> topic://ActiveMQ.Advisory.Connection |
> org.apache.activemq.broker.region.AbstractRegion | StopAsync:vm://
> mstmip102.vosh.net#0-23
> 2012-05-11 05:24:37,250 | WARN  | Failed to remove connection
> ConnectionInfo {commandId = 3, responseRequired = false, connectionId =
> ID:msipap102-50908-1336690011745-7:1, clientId =
> mstmip102_msipap102.vosh.net_outbound, clientIp = vm://mstmip102.vosh.net#0,
> userName = mqipauser, password = *****, brokerPath = null,
> brokerMasterConnector = false, manageable = false, clientMaster = true,
> faultTolerant = false, failoverReconnect = false}, reason:
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Timer already cancelled. |
> org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.Service | StopAsync:vm://
> mstmip102.vosh.net#0-23
> 2012-05-11 05:24:37,250 | DEBUG | Exception detail: |
> org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.Service | StopAsync:vm://
> mstmip102.vosh.net#0-23
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Timer already cancelled.
> at java.util.Timer.sched(Timer.java:397)
> at java.util.Timer.schedule(Timer.java:248)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.thread.Scheduler.schedualPeriodically(Scheduler.java:49)
> at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Topic.start(Topic.java:530)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.region.AbstractRegion.addDestination(AbstractRegion.java:143)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.region.RegionBroker.addDestination(RegionBroker.java:286)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.addDestination(BrokerFilter.java:145)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.advisory.AdvisoryBroker.addDestination(AdvisoryBroker.java:161)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.addDestination(BrokerFilter.java:145)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.addDestination(BrokerFilter.java:145)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.addDestination(BrokerFilter.java:145)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.addDestination(BrokerFilter.java:145)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.security.AuthorizationBroker.addDestination(AuthorizationBroker.java:81)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.MutableBrokerFilter.addDestination(MutableBrokerFilter.java:151)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.region.RegionBroker.send(RegionBroker.java:481)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.ManagedRegionBroker.send(ManagedRegionBroker.java:305)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.advisory.AdvisoryBroker.fireAdvisory(AdvisoryBroker.java:533)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.advisory.AdvisoryBroker.fireAdvisory(AdvisoryBroker.java:464)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.advisory.AdvisoryBroker.fireAdvisory(AdvisoryBroker.java:459)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.advisory.AdvisoryBroker.removeConnection(AdvisoryBroker.java:234)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.removeConnection(BrokerFilter.java:113)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.TransactionBroker.removeConnection(TransactionBroker.java:351)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.removeConnection(BrokerFilter.java:113)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.security.JaasAuthenticationBroker.removeConnection(JaasAuthenticationBroker.java:95)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.removeConnection(BrokerFilter.java:113)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.MutableBrokerFilter.removeConnection(MutableBrokerFilter.java:119)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.processRemoveConnection(TransportConnection.java:766)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.doStop(TransportConnection.java:1068)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection$4.run(TransportConnection.java:996)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
>
> 2012-05-11 05:24:37,252 | DEBUG | mstmip102.vosh.net adding destination:
> temp-queue://ID:POTMIP102-54337-634722930065323786-1:18:1 |
> org.apache.activemq.broker.region.AbstractRegion | ActiveMQ Transport:
> ssl:///172.17.5.78:59658
>
> 2012-05-11 05:24:37,341 | DEBUG | bridging (mstmip102.vosh.net ->
> msipap101.vosh.net) ID:MSTMIP102-59588-1336713700699-1:1:0:0:25184,
> consumer: ID:MSTMIP102-59588-1336713700699-4:2:1:1, destination
> topic://ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempQueue, brokerPath:
> [ID:MSTMIP102-59588-1336713700699-0:1], message: ActiveMQMessage {commandId
> = 0, responseRequired = false, messageId =
> ID:MSTMIP102-59588-1336713700699-1:1:0:0:25184, originalDestination = null,
> originalTransactionId = null, producerId =
> ID:MSTMIP102-59588-1336713700699-4:1:1:1, destination =
> topic://ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempQueue, transactionId = null, expiration = 0,
> timestamp = 0, arrival = 0, brokerInTime = 1336713871588, brokerOutTime =
> 1336713877341, correlationId = null, replyTo = null, persistent = false,
> type = Advisory, priority = 0, groupID = null, groupSequence = 0,
> targetConsumerId = null, compressed = false, userID = null, content = null,
> marshalledProperties = org.apache.activemq.util.ByteSequence@567edec8,
> dataStructure = DestinationInfo {commandId = 0, responseRequired = false,
> connectionId = ID:MSTMIP102-59588-1336713700699-3:2, destination =
> temp-queue://ID:POTMIP102-54337-634722930065323786-1:18:1, operationType =
> 0, timeout = 0, brokerPath = null}, redeliveryCounter = 0, size = 1024,
> properties = {originBrokerURL=ssl://MSTMIP102:61616,
> originBrokerId=ID:MSTMIP102-59588-1336713700699-0:1, originBrokerName=
> mstmip102.vosh.net}, readOnlyProperties = false, readOnlyBody = false,
> droppable = false} |
> org.apache.activemq.network.DemandForwardingBridgeSupport | ActiveMQ
> Connection Dispatcher: vm://mstmip102.vosh.net#4
>
> 2012-05-11 05:24:37,341 | DEBUG | bridging (mstmip102.vosh.net ->
> msipap101.vosh.net) ID:MSTMIP102-59588-1336713700699-1:1:0:0:25185,
> consumer: ID:MSTMIP102-59588-1336713700699-4:2:1:1, destination
> topic://ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempQueue, brokerPath:
> [ID:MSTMIP102-59588-1336713700699-0:1], message: ActiveMQMessage {commandId
> = 0, responseRequired = false, messageId =
> ID:MSTMIP102-59588-1336713700699-1:1:0:0:25185, originalDestination = null,
> originalTransactionId = null, producerId =
> ID:MSTMIP102-59588-1336713700699-4:1:1:1, destination =
> topic://ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempQueue, transactionId = null, expiration = 0,
> timestamp = 0, arrival = 0, brokerInTime = 1336713871588, brokerOutTime =
> 1336713877341, correlationId = null, replyTo = null, persistent = false,
> type = Advisory, priority = 0, groupID = null, groupSequence = 0,
> targetConsumerId = null, compressed = false, userID = null, content = null,
> marshalledProperties = org.apache.activemq.util.ByteSequence@235448d5,
> dataStructure = DestinationInfo {commandId = 0, responseRequired = false,
> connectionId = ID:MSTMIP102-59588-1336713700699-3:2, destination =
> temp-queue://ID:POTMIP102-54337-634722930065323786-1:18:1, operationType =
> 1, timeout = 0, brokerPath = null}, redeliveryCounter = 0, size = 1024,
> properties = {originBrokerURL=ssl://MSTMIP102:61616,
> originBrokerId=ID:MSTMIP102-59588-1336713700699-0:1, originBrokerName=
> mstmip102.vosh.net}, readOnlyProperties = false, readOnlyBody = false,
> droppable = false} |
> org.apache.activemq.network.DemandForwardingBridgeSupport | ActiveMQ
> Connection Dispatcher: vm://mstmip102.vosh.net#4
>
> 2012-05-11 13:29:40,053 | WARN  | TopicSubscription:
> consumer=ID:MSTMIP102-32947-1336741838889-4:2:1:1, destinations=7,
> dispatched=1000, delivered=7723, matched=1001, discarded=0: has twice its
> prefetch limit pending, without an ack; it appears to be slow |
> org.apache.activemq.broker.region.TopicSubscription | ActiveMQ Transport:
> ssl:///10.60.252.28:54614
>
> 2012-05-11 13:29:42,540 | WARN  | TopicSubscription:
> consumer=ID:MSTMIP102-32947-1336741838889-3:2:1:1, destinations=6,
> dispatched=1000, delivered=9922, matched=1001, discarded=0: has twice its
> prefetch limit pending, without an ack; it appears to be slow |
> org.apache.activemq.broker.region.TopicSubscription | ActiveMQ Transport:
> ssl:///10.60.252.28:54614



--
http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com