activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions on upgrading to 5.6.0
Date Fri, 18 May 2012 13:19:15 GMT
inline

On 18 May 2012 05:24, Geoffrey Arnold <geoffrey@geoffreyarnold.com> wrote:
> We are upgrading from AMQ 5.4.0 to 5.6.0, and noticed two issues right off the bat:
>
> - The "activemq-all-5.6.0.jar" library is now bundled with the SLF4J Log4J binding, trumping
the JDK 1.4 binding already in our classpath.  As a workaround we have switched to using
the individual libraries (activemq-core, activemq-pool, geronimo-j2ee-management, geronimo-jms,
kahadb, xbean-spring); are there any other libraries we should be including?

That should suffice.

> - Upon startup we are now seeing the following messages... could you point us to what
settings we need to change?:

>        "Store limit is 0 mb, whilst the max journal file size for the store is: 32
mb, the store will not accept any data when used."
>        "Temporary Store limit is 0 mb, whilst the max journal file size for the temporary
store is: 32 mb, the temp store will not accept any data when used."

The 0 limits being referred to there are part of the xml configuration

         <systemUsage>
            <systemUsage>
                <storeUsage>
                    <storeUsage limit="0"/>
                </storeUsage>
                <tempUsage>
                    <tempUsage limit="0"/>
                </tempUsage>
            </systemUsage>
        </systemUsage>

Because the journal always retains one log file of the default size,
the limit needs to be > that the journal max file size default

> Finally, are there any other caveats or settings we should verify?  For example, is
the KahaDB log file format compatible with 5.4.0?

It should auto upgrade on first start, so a caveat is that you could
not rollback using the existing store without deleting the index
(db.data). So it is advisable to archive your 5.4 store before the
upgrade in case of problems.

--
http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com