activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <>
Subject Re: Questions on upgrading to 5.6.0
Date Fri, 18 May 2012 13:19:15 GMT

On 18 May 2012 05:24, Geoffrey Arnold <> wrote:
> We are upgrading from AMQ 5.4.0 to 5.6.0, and noticed two issues right off the bat:
> - The "activemq-all-5.6.0.jar" library is now bundled with the SLF4J Log4J binding, trumping
the JDK 1.4 binding already in our classpath.  As a workaround we have switched to using
the individual libraries (activemq-core, activemq-pool, geronimo-j2ee-management, geronimo-jms,
kahadb, xbean-spring); are there any other libraries we should be including?
That should suffice.

> - Upon startup we are now seeing the following messages... could you point us to what
settings we need to change?:
>        "Store limit is 0 mb, whilst the max journal file size for the store is: 32
mb, the store will not accept any data when used."
>        "Temporary Store limit is 0 mb, whilst the max journal file size for the temporary
store is: 32 mb, the temp store will not accept any data when used."
The 0 limits being referred to there are part of the xml configuration

                    <storeUsage limit="0"/>
                    <tempUsage limit="0"/>

Because the journal always retains one log file of the default size,
the limit needs to be > that the journal max file size default

> Finally, are there any other caveats or settings we should verify?  For example, is
the KahaDB log file format compatible with 5.4.0?
It should auto upgrade on first start, so a caveat is that you could
not rollback using the existing store without deleting the index
( So it is advisable to archive your 5.4 store before the
upgrade in case of problems.

> Thanks in advance for your help, and congratulations on the release!
> Geoff.
> PS. I am happy to confirm that an issue we previously reported is indeed fixed:

View raw message