activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ EOL?
Date Thu, 10 May 2012 10:31:19 GMT
ActiveMQ 5.x and ActiveMQ Apollo development will continue in parallel
with a view to convergence in 6.0
Innovations in Apollo are feeding back into 5.x and the best features
of 5.x are driving the evolution of Apollo.

There is no plan to EOL 5.x, in fact, adoption is growing as the code
base matures.
Think of it like this:
5.x is stable, mature with well understood limitations. It will be
supported so long as there is demand and will continue to carefully
evolve.
Apollo is green field innovation full of possibility, it will take
some time to mature and it is still evolving at speed.