activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with network-of-brokers configuration after upgrading to AMQ 5.6.0
Date Mon, 21 May 2012 10:06:37 GMT
It is a requirement, because on reconnect due to a network partition
of two non unique network connectors, if the target broker has not
noticed the disconnect, it was possible to get duplicate network
connectors created and potential for deadlock. Having them explicitly
named allows reliable duplicate detection. This was introduced in:

To have them unique, if possible give the network connector a name
that reflects its usage, like wise for the broker.

In your case, where there are multiple instances of the same/identical
application deployed, you may want to use a system property that can
be unique per app jvm and reference that in the xml configuration via
org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer

If is important that the clientId, the combination of brokerName and
networkConnector name,  is consistent across restarts.

On 20 May 2012 21:45, Geoffrey Arnold <geoffrey.arnold@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> We are from AMQ 5.4.0 to 5.6.0, and there appears to be a new uniqueness constraint in
network connector names in network-of-brokers configurations.

> Here's our setup:
> - N copies of a producer application; each copy of the producer application consists
of an embedded broker with 2 network connectors pointing at an embedded broker in the consumer
application
> - 1 consumer application; the consumer application consists of an embedded broker with
2 transport connectors

> Messages in the consumer application are sent to the embedded broker, which pushes those
messages to the embedded broker in the consumer application over the network/transport connectors,
and are consumed by listeners on the embedded broker in the consumer application.

> In AMQ 5.4.0, the name of the network connectors in the embedded broker in the producer
application were not required to be unique across copies of the application, ie. for each
copy of the producer application used the same name for each network connector.  In AMQ 5.6.0,
we receive the following error when starting a second copy of the producer application:

>        In the producer application:
>
>        Network connection between vm://producerBroker#4 and tcp://localhost/127.0.0.1:61616
shutdown due to a remote error: javax.jms.InvalidClientIDException: Broker: consumerBroker
- Client: networkConnector1_producerBroker_outbound already connected from tcp://127.0.0.1:62961

>        In the consumer application:
>
>        Async error occurred: javax.jms.InvalidClientIDException: Broker: consumerBroker
- Client: networkConnector1_producerBroker_outbound already connected from tcp://127.0.0.1:62963
> javax.jms.InvalidClientIDException: Broker: consumerBroker - Client: networkConnector1_producerBroker_outbound
already connected from tcp://127.0.0.1:62963
>                at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.RegionBroker.addConnection(RegionBroker.java:223)
>                at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.addConnection(BrokerFilter.java:85)
>                at org.apache.activemq.advisory.AdvisoryBroker.addConnection(AdvisoryBroker.java:65)
>                at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.addConnection(BrokerFilter.java:85)
>                at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.addConnection(BrokerFilter.java:85)
>                at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.addConnection(BrokerFilter.java:85)
>                at org.apache.activemq.security.SimpleAuthenticationBroker.addConnection(SimpleAuthenticationBroker.java:97)
>                at org.apache.activemq.broker.MutableBrokerFilter.addConnection(MutableBrokerFilter.java:91)
>                at org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.processAddConnection(TransportConnection.java:715)
>                at org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.ManagedTransportConnection.processAddConnection(ManagedTransportConnection.java:79)
>                at org.apache.activemq.command.ConnectionInfo.visit(ConnectionInfo.java:139)
>                at org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.service(TransportConnection.java:292)
>                at org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection$1.onCommand(TransportConnection.java:150)
>                at org.apache.activemq.transport.MutexTransport.onCommand(MutexTransport.java:50)
>                at org.apache.activemq.transport.WireFormatNegotiator.onCommand(WireFormatNegotiator.java:113)
>                at org.apache.activemq.transport.AbstractInactivityMonitor.onCommand(AbstractInactivityMonitor.java:229)
>                at org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportSupport.doConsume(TransportSupport.java:83)
>                at org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.doRun(TcpTransport.java:222)
>                at org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java:204)
>                at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
>

> Is this a regression or a new requirement.  If it's a new requirement, what strategy
would you recommend to ensure uniqueness in network connector names?

--
http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com