activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: journal log file gets incremented while there is no activity
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 11:06:42 GMT
there is a periodic checkpoint of broker state that writes to the
journal. You can configure a longer checkpointInterval to verify that
this is what is happening.
see: http://activemq.apache.org/kahadb.html

The checkpoint state contains a producer audit it that is written even
if it is not modified which should not be the case. I have opened
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-3833 to track this. The
journal files get reclaimed so the impact is low, but I agree, it does
indeed look a little odd and is a waste of cycles.