activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Consumption order on hierarchical queues using wildcards
Date Thu, 17 May 2012 14:18:21 GMT
There is no ordering guarantee in this case, as each destination will
do an independent dispatch.
Ordering is per destination only so messages from C and D will be interleaved.

When there are a pool of consumers, by default dispatch will round
robin push to each consumer.
You can change this behavior with the strictOrderDispatch policy
entry, so messages in order will be pushed up to the prefetch limit.