activemq-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Torsten Mielke <tors...@fusesource.com>
Subject Re: Pending message cursor [...] is full, temp usage (100%) or memory usage (69%) limit reached, blocking message add() pending the release of resources.
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 16:01:04 GMT
The temp space is used by the broker to offload *non-persistent* messages in case the file
cursor has taken up all configured memory. 
See the section on file cursor in http://fusesource.com/docs/mqent/7.0/persistence/FuseMBPersistCursorsTypes.html#FuseMBPersistCursorsFile


You can configure the size of the temp space in your <systemUsage> in <tempUsage>.
See the bottom of page http://activemq.apache.org/producer-flow-control.html for an example.


Hope this helps,

 
Torsten Mielke
torsten@fusesource.com
tmielke@blogspot.com

On May 29, 2012, at 1:51 PM, Tim Lank wrote:

> ActiveMQ users list:
> 
> I'm getting the following in my activemq.log file.  It would appear
> that temp is full.  Where is temp for activemq and how do I increase
> its size?
> 
> 2012-05-28 06:16:43,329 [.250.6.35:55969] INFO  TopicSubscription
>        - TopicSubscription:
> consumer=ID:activemqserver.example.com-42060-1338122477013-3:6179:-1:1,
> destinations=1, dispatched=1000, delivered=958, matched=2079,
> discarded=0: Pending message cursor
> [org.apache.activemq.broker.region.cursors.FilePendingMessageCursor@5753f3e3]
> is full, temp usage (100%) or memory usage (69%) limit reached,
> blocking message add() pending the release of resources.
> 2012-05-28 06:28:19,370 [ception Handler] INFO  Transport
>        - Transport failed: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
> 2012-05-28 06:28:19,393 [.250.6.35:55969] WARN  TopicSubscription
>        - TopicSubscription:
> consumer=ID:activemqserver.example.com-42060-1338122477013-3:6179:-1:1,
> destinations=1, dispatched=1000, delivered=1191, matched=1846,
> discarded=0: stopped waiting for space in pendingMessage cursor for:
> ID:activemqserver.example.com-42060-1338122477013-3:340:-1:1:253
> 2012-05-28 06:28:19,396 [.250.6.35:55969] INFO  TopicSubscription
>        - TopicSubscription:
> consumer=ID:activemqserver.example.com-42060-1338122477013-3:6211:-1:7,
> destinations=1, dispatched=1000, delivered=1383, matched=575,
> discarded=0: Pending message cursor
> [org.apache.activemq.broker.region.cursors.FilePendingMessageCursor@6e45ef08]
> is full, temp usage (104%) or memory usage (28%) limit reached,
> blocking message add() pending the release of resources.
> 2012-05-28 07:30:02,592 [ception Handler] INFO  Transport
>        - Transport failed: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
> 2012-05-28 07:30:02,602 [.250.6.35:55969] WARN  TopicSubscription
>        - TopicSubscription:
> consumer=ID:activemqserver.example.com-42060-1338122477013-3:6211:-1:7,
> destinations=1, dispatched=0, delivered=2958, matched=0, discarded=0:
> stopped waiting for space in pendingMessage cursor for:
> ID:activemqserver.example.com-42060-1338122477013-3:340:-1:1:253
> 2012-05-28 07:30:02,624 [.250.6.35:55969] WARN  TopicSubscription
>        - TopicSubscription:
> consumer=ID:activemqserver.example.com-42060-1338122477013-3:6179:-1:1,
> destinations=1, dispatched=1000, delivered=1191, matched=1846,
> discarded=0: stopped waiting for space in pendingMessage cursor for:
> ID:activemqserver.example.com-42060-1338122477013-3:340:-1:1:254
> 2012-05-28 07:30:02,646 [.250.6.35:55969] WARN  TopicSubscription
>        - TopicSubscription:
> consumer=ID:activemqserver.example.com-42060-1338122477013-3:6179:-1:1,
> destinations=1, dispatched=1000, delivered=1191, matched=1846,
> discarded=0: stopped waiting for space in pendingMessage cursor for:
> ID:activemqserver.example.com-42060-1338122477013-3:340:-1:1:255
> 
> 
> which version of ActiveMQ are you using? (and if you are using a
> SNAPSHOT, which date?):   activemq-5.5.0-1.el6
> are you using queues or topics and are you using persistent or non
> persistent messaging?:  don't know
> 
>    operating system: RHEL6
>    JVM version (1.6, 1.5, or 1.4):  see below
>    application server; spring, tomcat, J2EE etc? Don't Know (mcollective)
> 
> # java -version
> java version "1.6.0_22"
> OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.10.6) (rhel-1.43.1.10.6.el6_2-x86_64)
> OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.0-b11, mixed mode)
> 
> Thanks,
> Tim


Mime
View raw message