activemq-users mailing list archives

From Torsten Mielke <tors...@fusesource.com>
Subject Re: dlq handling stops activemq from starting?
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 07:12:02 GMT
Hello,

Simply swap the order of <pendingQueuePolicy> and <deadLetterStrategy>.
The broker config likes to have entries in alphabetical orders right now.

So use:

    <destinationPolicy>
      <policyMap>
        <policyEntries>
          <policyEntry queue=">" producerFlowControl="false">
            <deadLetterStrategy>
              <individualDeadLetterStrategy queuePrefix="DLQ." useQueueForQueueMessages="true"
/>
            </deadLetterStrategy>
            <pendingQueuePolicy>
              <vmQueueCursor/>
            </pendingQueuePolicy>
          </policyEntry>
        </policyEntries>
      </policyMap>
    </destinationPolicy>

and your broker should start up.

Hope this helps.

Torsten Mielke
torsten@fusesource.com
tmielke@blogspot.com

On May 29, 2012, at 5:19 AM, Christopher Wood wrote:

> I've read this about DLQ:
>
> http://activemq.apache.org/message-redelivery-and-dlq-handling.html
>
> But when I try to use it as in the example (queue=">") ActiveMQ doesn't start (5.5.1,
although similar behaviour with 5.6.0). If I take the attached activemq.xml and use it as
is, I get a working ActiveMQ. If I uncomment the part in the middle about deadLetterStrategy,
ActiveMQ won't start.

> Can anybody spot where I've gone wrong?
>
> These are the last two lines in the (short) log:
>
> 2012-05-28 23:06:40,700 | DEBUG | Found XML schema [http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.0.xsd]
in classpath: org/springframework/beans/factory/xml/spring-beans-2.0.xsd | org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.PluggableSchemaResolver
| main
> 2012-05-28 23:06:40,793 | DEBUG | Found XML schema [http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core/activemq-core.xsd]
in classpath: activemq.xsd | org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.PluggableSchemaResolver
| main
>
> (The above is a cut-down example. In the end I want anything to have a DLQ because I
want to be able to add new queues via the ldap backend without restarting ActiveMQ to add
new DLQ configs. I removed ldap and other bits from the example to attempt to cut it down.)<activemq.xml>