activemq-users mailing list archives

From <shaun.t.erick...@accenture.com>
Subject RE: Messages not delivered after failover.
Date Tue, 15 May 2012 19:39:52 GMT
One of the two issues has been resolved. The connection being reset was due to a firewall,
between the broker and consumer, closing port 61616 due to inactivity. We've had the folks
who maintain the firewall change its configuration so that it no longer does that.

I'm still very troubled by the fact that messages could no longer be delivered after a failover
event though. I very much need that to work properly.

Can someone shed some light on this for me, please?

-ste

From: Erickson, Shaun T.
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2012 2:29 AM
To: 'users@activemq.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Messages not delivered after failover.

(Not sure how I didn't get a subject on my initial email. Sorry.)

I have noticed a pattern, since sending my previous email: the Connection reset SocketException
appears to be happening every two hours, like clockwork. I have no idea why, though (yet).
But it seems to me that once the connection is restored, the client should be able to receive
messages again, but does not.

If it makes any difference, the ActiveMQ 5.3.1 is running on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise
Edition and the client with the 5.5.1 jars is running on Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise.
As mentioned previously, the client consumer program is in use on several servers, where it's
working fine - just this server is being persnickety.

-ste