activemq-users mailing list archives

From <>
Subject RE: Messages not delivered after failover.
Date Mon, 14 May 2012 06:29:13 GMT
(Not sure how I didn't get a subject on my initial email. Sorry.)

I have noticed a pattern, since sending my previous email: the Connection reset SocketException
appears to be happening every two hours, like clockwork. I have no idea why, though (yet).
But it seems to me that once the connection is restored, the client should be able to receive
messages again, but does not.

If it makes any difference, the ActiveMQ 5.3.1 is running on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise
Edition and the client with the 5.5.1 jars is running on Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise.
As mentioned previously, the client consumer program is in use on several servers, where it's
working fine - just this server is being persnickety.

From: Erickson, Shaun T.
Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2012 11:18 PM
To: ''

I have a jms client whose consumers keep disappearing, when viewed from ActiveMQ's queue list.
Either that or they appear there, but when a message is sent to the queue, the consumers drop
to zero and the message stays queued. Or, as in this latest case, the consumers still show,
but messages stay queued.

I set the client's transport to trace and debug logging, to see what was up and got this.
Apparently the connection is failing and then once reconnected due to failover being set up,
it no longer gets messages sent to it. The only thing I changed in the log was to anonymize
our IP address. The client program is using activemq 5.5.1 jars, and is talking to an ActiveMQ
5.3.1 broker (slated to be updated to 5.6.0 on the 19th).

Can you guide me as to what's going wrong and how to resolve this, please? The client program
is in use on a number of servers and only this one is acting up.

Shaun T. Erickson
Technical Services
Accenture Life Insurance Platform
Murray Hill, NJ
office: 908-898-5332

Subject to local law, communications with Accenture and its affiliates including telephone
calls and emails (including content), may be monitored by our systems for the purposes of
security and the assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy.