activemq-users mailing list archives

From Alex Hooper <ahoo...@bmjgroup.com>
Subject Re: change strategy for determining failure of primary in JBDC-backed setup
Date Fri, 25 May 2012 12:36:09 GMT
Gary Tully uttered:
[snip]

> In your setup, it is odd that the dropped connection does not cause
> the lock keepAlive to fail and the broker to terminate. It should,
> unless there are tcp level options that need to kick in to see the
> half close. Or some connection pool config that can pick up on the
> failure, there are some validate options on commons jdbc pool that
> could help there.

[snip]
> Hopefully the above will help, but start with determining why in your
> current setup, the lock keepalive is not triggering for you when the
> connection is dropped because that is a little odd. unless you have
> the org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceAdapter#setLockKeepAlivePeriod
> = 0.

How exactly does the lock keepalive mechanism work? I'm explicitly set it in the
xml config now:

<jdbcPersistenceAdapter brokerName="prod-s01"
       dataDirectory="${activemq.base}/data" dataSource="#oracle-ds"
       useDatabaseLock="true" lockKeepAlivePeriod="10">
     <statements>
       <statements stringIdDataType="VARCHAR(128)" />
      </statements>
  </jdbcPersistenceAdapter>

But once the instance has started and issued its initial lock-requesting query,
there is no further TCP activity at all. Maybe I've misunderstood the intent of
this function; that's far from unlikely.

Alex.