activemq-users mailing list archives

From Arjen van der Meijden <acmmail...@tweakers.net>
Subject Re: java.io.IOException: Too many open files (v5.4.2)
Date Sat, 19 May 2012 09:12:32 GMT
If you have short lived connections: Try adding
'?transport.closeAsync=false' to your connection construct, i.e.
something like this:
<transportConnector name="stomp"
uri="stomp://0.0.0.0:61613?transport.closeAsync=false" />

We have many very short lived stomp producers and due to the
asynchronous disconnect code, it would take a while before the
connections where actually cleaned up on the server side. And that would
leave the 'files' (tcp sockets) open longer than necessary, thus causing
us hitting the ulimit.

You probably still need the 10240 limit, but with that parameter, you
should be save with short lived connections like in our scenario.

If you just have long lived connections, that's obviously not going to
help. In that case you just need to keep increasing the setting (or
adding ActiveMQ instances in a network).
And then your question remains.

Best regard,

Arjen