activemq-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: MessageListener not delivering any more messages at some point
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 09:25:34 GMT
No ideas? As a work-around I'm now thinking about running a scheduled
task that restarts the MessageListener every hour. That's a work-around
that shouldn't really be necessary, right? A colleague told me yesterday
that he did exactly that in a personal project of his. So, I'm probably
not the only one with this problem, although I couldn't find anything
related to that on the net.

Thanks,
Jeremias Maerki


On 25.05.2012 12:23:54 Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I've got an ActiveMQ 5.3.0 broker running in one JVM.
> 
>         <transportConnectors>
>             <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://localhost:19616"/>
>         </transportConnectors>
> 
> Another application (different JVM but currently on the same machine)
> connects to that broker to receive messages from a single queue through
> a MessageListener:
> 
> failover://(tcp://localhost:19616?keepAlive=true)?startupMaxReconnectAttempts=5
> 
> The message frequency is rather low (5-500 per hour) and can drop to
> zero over multiple hours (during the night). Every now and then, the
> MessageListener simply doesn't get any more messages and we have to
> restart the application for a reconnect despite the failover protocol 
> (as seen above). We've tried various connection URI parameters but so
> far, the issue keeps popping up every few weeks. I somehow doubt it has
> to do with some timeout because, yesterday, it happened during the day
> during normal business, not in the night after hours of inactivity. When
> the problem happens, the message producer can still happily add new
> messages which are then simply piled up.
> 
> We first thought that the broker would stop accepting connections at
> some point but we now have a monitoring agent for Nagios that regularly
> tries to connect to ActiveMQ to check if anything is wrong on that side,
> but that proved to be in vain. So, everything is solid on the broker
> side.
> 
> The client used to run ActiveMQ 5.3.0, too (just the
> ActiveMQConnectionFactory, no broker). We also tried 5.5.1 on the client
> side but nothing has changed.
> 
> I was wondering if anyone has a good idea on this problem.
> 
> Thanks a lot,
> Jeremias Maerki


Mime
View raw message