activemq-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Wood <christopher_w...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: dlq handling stops activemq from starting?
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 10:32:05 GMT
Thank you, that worked for me.

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 09:12:02AM +0200, Torsten Mielke wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Simply swap the order of <pendingQueuePolicy> and <deadLetterStrategy>.
> The broker config likes to have entries in alphabetical orders right now.
>
> So use:
>
>     <destinationPolicy>
>       <policyMap>
>         <policyEntries>
>           <policyEntry queue=">" producerFlowControl="false">
>             <deadLetterStrategy>
>               <individualDeadLetterStrategy queuePrefix="DLQ." useQueueForQueueMessages="true"
/>
>             </deadLetterStrategy>
>             <pendingQueuePolicy>
>               <vmQueueCursor/>
>             </pendingQueuePolicy>
>           </policyEntry>
>         </policyEntries>
>       </policyMap>
>     </destinationPolicy>
>
> and your broker should start up.
>

> Hope this helps.
>

> Torsten Mielke
> torsten@fusesource.com
> tmielke@blogspot.com
>

> On May 29, 2012, at 5:19 AM, Christopher Wood wrote:
>
> > I've read this about DLQ:
> >
> > http://activemq.apache.org/message-redelivery-and-dlq-handling.html
> >
> > But when I try to use it as in the example (queue=">") ActiveMQ doesn't start
(5.5.1, although similar behaviour with 5.6.0). If I take the attached activemq.xml and use
it as is, I get a working ActiveMQ. If I uncomment the part in the middle about deadLetterStrategy,
ActiveMQ won't start.

> > Can anybody spot where I've gone wrong?
> >
> > These are the last two lines in the (short) log:
> >
> > 2012-05-28 23:06:40,700 | DEBUG | Found XML schema [http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.0.xsd]
in classpath: org/springframework/beans/factory/xml/spring-beans-2.0.xsd | org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.PluggableSchemaResolver
| main
> > 2012-05-28 23:06:40,793 | DEBUG | Found XML schema [http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core/activemq-core.xsd]
in classpath: activemq.xsd | org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.PluggableSchemaResolver
| main
> >
> > (The above is a cut-down example. In the end I want anything to have a DLQ because
I want to be able to add new queues via the ldap backend without restarting ActiveMQ to add
new DLQ configs. I removed ldap and other bits from the example to attempt to cut it down.)<activemq.xml>