activemq-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Wood <christopher_w...@pobox.com>
Subject dlq handling stops activemq from starting?
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 03:19:50 GMT
I've read this about DLQ:

http://activemq.apache.org/message-redelivery-and-dlq-handling.html

But when I try to use it as in the example (queue=">") ActiveMQ doesn't start (5.5.1, although
similar behaviour with 5.6.0). If I take the attached activemq.xml and use it as is, I get
a working ActiveMQ. If I uncomment the part in the middle about deadLetterStrategy, ActiveMQ
won't start.

Can anybody spot where I've gone wrong?

These are the last two lines in the (short) log:

2012-05-28 23:06:40,700 | DEBUG | Found XML schema [http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.0.xsd]
in classpath: org/springframework/beans/factory/xml/spring-beans-2.0.xsd | org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.PluggableSchemaResolver
| main
2012-05-28 23:06:40,793 | DEBUG | Found XML schema [http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core/activemq-core.xsd]
in classpath: activemq.xsd | org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.PluggableSchemaResolver
| main

(The above is a cut-down example. In the end I want anything to have a DLQ because I want
to be able to add new queues via the ldap backend without restarting ActiveMQ to add new DLQ
configs. I removed ldap and other bits from the example to attempt to cut it down.)