activemq-users mailing list archives

From RickSnz <ricardo.s...@altran.es>
Subject NetworkConnectors and prefetch
Date Thu, 24 May 2012 11:38:05 GMT
Hello,

We are using a network of brokers but it's giving us some problems with load
balancing. Most of the messages are being delivered to the remote broker
instead of being shared between the network connector and the broker's
consumer. If a broker has 5 consumers and 1 network connector, and receives
50 messages, it processes 5-10 in its consumers and the rest outside

We are using prefetch = 1 for the consumers, so we set prefetchSize=1 for
the network connector. We have tried both with and without
conduitSubscriptions. The only configuration that have worked was setting a
high prefetch in consumers and network connector, but that was only for
testing purpose, as we cant modify the consumer's prefetch size.

So we need to know if there's any way to make it work with prefetch = 1 in
the consumers. The expected behaviour in the case explained before would be
processing 25 messages in the broker's consumers and send 25 to the network
connector.

Thanks