activemq-users mailing list archives

From johneboyer <johnboye...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: java.io.IOException: Too many open files (v5.4.2)
Date Fri, 18 May 2012 17:20:40 GMT
Yes. After further research yesterday, we did
http://posidev.com/blog/2009/06/04/set-ulimit-parameters-on-ubuntu/ increase
the number of files parameter  to *10240*. We have  hundreds of open STOMP
connections and expect this number to continue to grow in the coming months.

/So, I guess the question we have now is how to optimize this setting in
future/. I realize this question is out-of-scope for this forum, but it
would be nice if the ActiveMQ team could provide some best practices in this
area when a broker has hundreds or even thousands of open connections.

Thanks,
John Boyer