activemq-users mailing list archives

From gauche <>
Subject JMSXUserID propagation not working
Date Fri, 18 May 2012 15:26:39 GMT

I am trying to get JMSXUserID to pass from producer (client) to consumer
(server) but am having no luck.

My client is a .NET app using NMS V1.5.0.2194, with STOMP V1.5.2.2508. My
server is a Java app using (indirectly via an internal framework)

My understanding was that all I needed to do was:

1. From the client, connect to the broker using a given user name and

    this.connection = this.factory.CreateConnection(userName, password);
    this.session =
2. Set populateJMSXUserID="true" in the broker configuration:

    <broker useJmx="true" persistent="false"
destroyApplicationContextOnStop="true" populateJMSXUserID="true"

3. From the server, obtain the JMSXUserID from the message headers:

    userId = (String) headers.get("JMSXUserID");
With that in place, I was expecting to see the JMSXUserID come through
server-side, but it didn't. Even though I couldn't find any documentation
stating it was necessary, I then tried enabling security on the broker. I
confirmed that my client and server could only connect with the credentials
I set up, but still the JMSXUserID was not passed through.

I noticed a number of bug reports around JMSXUserID propagation and decided
to upgrade my AMQ 5.5.0 to 5.6.0. But still no joy.

Am I missing something obvious here? Can anyone give me some guidance on how
to get JMSXUserID to correctly propagate from my client to server? I'd
prefer to have broker security disabled if possible.