activemq-users mailing list archives

From Luke Noel-Storr <luke.noel-st...@integrate.co.uk>
Subject Messages stuck in pending
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 16:27:18 GMT
I have a problem where messages seem to be getting stuck in a pending state.

Initially it seemed they only got stuck in this state if there was no
consumer when the message was sent, and even after a consumer was started,
they just sat there.  They then seemingly caused all subsequent messages to
get stuck in a pending state too.  Purging the queue seemed to allow
messages to get through. My colleagues also had this same problem (on
separate systems).

This was frustrating enough, but now it seems every message being sent goes
to pending, and gets no further.  Purging the queue nor restarting activemq
seem to help.  I seemed to manage to send one message successfully after a
full machine reboot.

We're sending and receiving messages via JMS.

I'm using 5.5.0.  My colleagues have 5.5.1 (I think).

I'm not sure what other information may help diagnose this issue, but let me
know, and I'll do my best to supply it.