activemq-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From ISim <I...@centrum.cz>
Subject Re: Apollo and perl client - unable to dequeue all messages from queue
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2012 11:12:54 GMT
Hi Hiram,

I downloaded the snapshot and tested it again. It works as I expected.
Thank you very much for this quick patch.

Best regards,
Ivan

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 6:49 PM, Hiram Chirino <hiram@hiramchirino.com>wrote:

> Hi Ivan,
>
> This should now be fixed in the following snapshot build:
>
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/activemq/apache-apollo/99-trunk-SNAPSHOT/apache-apollo-99-trunk-20120426.164540-25-unix-distro.tar.gz
>
>
> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 8:02 AM, Hiram Chirino <hiram@hiramchirino.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi Ivan,
> >
> > Thanks for the bug report!  I've been able to reproduce using your test
> > case, It looks like messages are being 'released' when the consumer
> > disconnects and then don't subsequently get delivered.  I'll look into
> > fixing this asap.
> >
> >
> > On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 8:13 AM, <isim@centrum.cz> wrote:
> >
> >>
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I'm looking for a messaging engine which can be able to work with
> >> application written in perl. So, I installed Apollo 1.2 on my linux box
> and
> >> I wrote the first test script using Net::STOMP::Client module. But I
> >> encounter a problem. I enqueued 10000 persistent messages and I tried to
> >> dequeue them. It works ok if the perl script dequeue all 10000 messages.
> >> But if the script dequeue  100 messages only (example) and finishes,
>  after
> >> a few runs the server stops to serve messages. I looks like the queue is
> >> empty. Through GUI administration I can see that there are messages in
> the
> >> queue, but perl script is unable to retrieve them - wait_for_frames()
> >> timeouted. If I restart Apollo server, I can continue retrieving
> messages
> >> until the server is stuck again. I downloaded the latest Apollo snapshot
> >> and nothing changed. I also changed the default store engine to DBD
> store.
> >> The same. I even changed JVM engine from my default OpenJDK 64-Bit
> Server
> >> VM 1.6.0_23 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)'' to th
> >>  e latest 'Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 1.7.0_03 (Oracle
> >> Corporation)'. No change.  When the Apollo server is "blocked" and
> client
> >> is unable to retrieve messages, I can enqueue another messages from
> other
> >> producer and client receives these messages. But the original ones are
> >> blocked until I restart server. There is no warning or error message on
> >> Apollo console.
> >>
> >> Because this is my first atempt to work with STOMP I'm not sure if the
> >> problem is not on my side but currently I have no idea what is wrong.
> >>
> >> The test script is here:
> >> http://gist.github.com/5ef9113f6b6aec81bca9
> >>
> >> perl <script.pl> produce    ....enqueues 10000 messages
> >> perl <script.pl> consume 10000  ... dequeues 10000 messages
> >>
> >> but
> >>
> >> perl <script.pl> produce    ....enqueues 10000 messages
> >> for i in seq `1 100`; do perl <script.pl> consume 100; done   .... is
> >> blocked after a few runs (looks random count)
> >>
> >>
> >> Thanks for any help.
> >>
> >> Ivan
> >>
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> >
> > **
> >
> > *Hiram Chirino*
> >
> > *Software Fellow | FuseSource Corp.*
> >
> > *chirino@fusesource.com | fusesource.com*
> >
> > *skype: hiramchirino | twitter: @hiramchirino<
> http://twitter.com/hiramchirino>
> > *
> >
> > *blog: Hiram Chirino's Bit Mojo <http://hiramchirino.com/blog/>*
> >
> > *
> > *
> >
> > *
> > *
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> --
>
> **
>
> *Hiram Chirino*
>
> *Software Fellow | FuseSource Corp.*
>
> *chirino@fusesource.com | fusesource.com*
>
> *skype: hiramchirino | twitter: @hiramchirino<
> http://twitter.com/hiramchirino>
> *
>
> *blog: Hiram Chirino's Bit Mojo <http://hiramchirino.com/blog/>*
>
> *
> *
>
> *
> *
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message