activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <>
Subject Re: Acknowledgement Timeout
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 19:13:27 GMT
Another alternative to killing the connection is to use the
slowConsumerStrategy destination policy[1], a consumer that does not
ack is considered slow, if this persists for a period, the
AbortSlowConsumerStrategy can terminate the consumer and inflight
messages will get dispatched.

I think terminating the consumer is the only way to be sure there is
no duplicate dispatch. If the consumers remain, you could have a case
where each consumer gets a copy of the message, essentially turing a
queue into a topic.

There was a discussion on this at