activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Acknowledgement Timeout
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 11:41:54 GMT
There is no support for this with the redelivery policy. jms is
connection oriented, so the assumption is that if the connection is
alive and there is no ack, the consumer has a good reason not to ack
yet.

The only way to force the broker to redeliver is to close the consumer.
One way to achieve this is to have the consumers connection timeout if
it is inactive for some period.

The inactivity monitor, without keepAlive messages will do this for you.

use a broker url of
<host:port>?useKeepAlive=false&wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=20000

and that will terminate the connection after 20 seconds of inactivity
which will force the broker to redispatch the message.