activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How does the Active MQ perform search in the messages for the given MESSAGE_SELECTOR?
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 10:47:19 GMT
selectors work on any message property.

have a peek at the tests:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/test/java/org/apache/activemq/selector/SelectorTest.java?view=markup

and
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/test/java/org/apache/activemq/JmsTopicSelectorTest.java?view=markup

to see examples of the the syntax.

selectors work in the same manner for browsers.

The only thing to note is that selectors are run in memory, so you may
need to configure a large maxPageSize via a destination policy entry
if you have sparse selectors as the maxPageSize determines how many
messages are retained in memory pending dispatch,

An alternative to selectors is to use virtual destinations such that
selected messages are redirected to their own destination.