activemq-users mailing list archives

From <i...@centrum.cz>
Subject Apollo and perl client - unable to dequeue all messages from queue
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 12:13:57 GMT

Hi all,

I'm looking for a messaging engine which can be able to work with application written in perl.
So, I installed Apollo 1.2 on my linux box and I wrote the first test script using Net::STOMP::Client
module. But I encounter a problem. I enqueued 10000 persistent messages and I tried to dequeue
them. It works ok if the perl script dequeue all 10000 messages. But if the script dequeue
 100 messages only (example) and finishes,  after a few runs the server stops to serve messages.
I looks like the queue is empty. Through GUI administration I can see that there are messages
in the queue, but perl script is unable to retrieve them - wait_for_frames() timeouted. If
I restart Apollo server, I can continue retrieving messages until the server is stuck again.
I downloaded the latest Apollo snapshot and nothing changed. I also changed the default store
engine to DBD store. The same. I even changed JVM engine from my default OpenJDK 64-Bit Server
VM 1.6.0_23 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)'' to th
 e latest 'Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 1.7.0_03 (Oracle Corporation)'. No change.  When
the Apollo server is "blocked" and client is unable to retrieve messages, I can enqueue another
messages from other producer and client receives these messages. But the original ones are
blocked until I restart server. There is no warning or error message on Apollo console.

Because this is my first atempt to work with STOMP I'm not sure if the problem is not on my
side but currently I have no idea what is wrong.

The test script is here:
http://gist.github.com/5ef9113f6b6aec81bca9

perl <script.pl> produce    ....enqueues 10000 messages
perl <script.pl> consume 10000  ... dequeues 10000 messages

but

perl <script.pl> produce    ....enqueues 10000 messages
for i in seq `1 100`; do perl <script.pl> consume 100; done   .... is blocked after
a few runs (looks random count)

Thanks for any help.

Ivan