activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: queue size differs from messages returned by browseMessages using JMX
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2012 22:31:21 GMT
On Thu, 2012-04-26 at 15:35 +0200, Andreas Maza wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I am experiencing the following issue when trying to administer my AMQ
> broker remotely using JMX:
>
> The queueSize() operation delivers the correct (expect) message count of
> the queue. However, when calling browseMessages() only a subset of the
> messages is returned.
>
> This problem is not always the case, but can be observed from time to tome.
> Can anybody point out what's wrong? I am running the 5.5.0 package on
> Ubuntu.
>

> Thanks in advance,
> Andreas

a browse is limited to the destination maxPageSize or maxBrowsePageSize,
both of which are configured via a destination policy.

http://activemq.apache.org/per-destination-policies.html

So depending on the configuration browsing won't show you the actual
number of messages if that number is greater than the configured limit.

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | FuseSource Corp