activemq-users mailing list archives

From RJ7bb <rjaam...@parasoft.com>
Subject Problems with including javax.transaction.xa and possibly other JDK packages in activemq-all-5.5.1.jar
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 21:36:49 GMT
The following classes and interfaces are included in activemq-all-5.5.1.jar
despite them being available in the 1.6 JRE (which is now required as a
minimum anyway):

javax.transaction.xa.XAException
javax.transaction.xa.XAResource
javax.transaction.xa.Xid

Aside from them being redundant, this has actually caused the following
problem in my eclipse-based application which includes some JBoss jars using
a different class loader and can possibly have other jars with similar
classes/interfaces (JBoss might just be one example):

java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation in interface itable
initialization: when resolving method
"org.jboss.mq.SpySession.getXAResource()Ljavax/transaction/xa/XAResource;"
    the class loader (instance of [name a custom class loader we are using])
of the current class, org/jboss/mq/SpyQueueSession,
and the class loader (instance of
org/eclipse/osgi/internal/baseadaptor/DefaultClassLoader) for interface
javax/jms/XASession have different Class objects for the type
javax/transaction/xa/XAResource used in the signature

The only way I was able to solve the problem is to remove the
javax.transaction.xa package from the activemq-all-5.5.1.jar.

Aside from my specific needs, this poses a question whether
activemq-all-*.jar (and any of the other ActiveMQ jars) should include these
packages in the first place. They are redundant at best, and cause class